9 January 2014

Blood Orange Cheesecake

It's the one. IT IS THE ONE I tell you. I finally did it. A cheesecake that I can finally call a success and 100% made by me (no help). Let me describe my cheesecake to you...

 It had a base, not a soggy base, but an actually base that held the stuff on top of it.

The cheese part held its shape. It didn't collapse on me like the Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake.

The blood orange jelly was a bit solid and very thin in comparison to the picture of Hummingbird's, BUT I still consider this a success given that:

  1. This was my first time using gelatin and I had sachets, not leaves like the recipe stated.
  2. It had Blood Oranges in it. These fickle buggers where sourced from Borough Market as they're out of season at the moment but do look beautiful.





If you've been a follower of my 'journey' (what?... everyone on X Factor/Strictly goes on a journey, so why can't I?) then you will understand some of my frustrations when it comes to cheesecake. I've had one that seemed OK but the wrong proportions with a soggy bottom (I was convinced it was 'a success' at the time or at least 'successful enough' and I had one collapse on me altogether. (Damn you Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake) but this one held it's own and I had a bite and even I forced it down!


Completely frustrated by my past attempts I went with the bain marie again. My closest attempt at a decent cheesecake used this method. I made sure I was really careful to waterproof the tin and kept the tin foil tin round the tin, so steam didn't drip down and soak the base. (I was desperate for this attempt to work).




ONLY ONE MORE CHEESECAKE REMAINING!!
Share:
© Blog of Beanie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig